Friday, November 13, 2009

Stand up for a Friday the 13th Near You! - Miss Conquest

I'm MAD and I'm not going to take it any more.  What,, you ask?  There's so much to choose from...








 or...












And lets not forget about...

 














But fashion offenses are nothing compared to the injustice I speak of today.  That's right.


paraskevidekatriaphobia


Or... to sum up...



Each and every month that begins with Sunday include a Friday that lies on the 13th day on the month.  Friday the 13th. I was born, some, unspecified not toooo long a time ago in the past, on Friday the 13th.  I am charming and lovely and a joy to all who know me.  But, when Friday the 13th comes around, all of my gracious qualities are forgotten by datists who choose to percicute those of us who originate on this particular day.



Calendar discrimination has long and pernicious roots.  Even the ancient Babylonians practiced this unfortunate and unreasonable prejudice against this innocent number. That means this prejudice has been around since at least 1700 BC.  But, it didn't really take off until this guy:



 

Wrote a completely fictional book that has ruined this wonderful day for all of us called, you guessed it -- Friday the Thirteenth.


Thanks, asshole.


Today, the third Friday the 13th of 2009, I've decided to take a stand.  Our voice deserves to be heard! The first Thirteen Club was started 1881 and boasted a membership that included five presidents.  It's time to bring this venerable institution back.  Join me in fighting back against triskaidekaphobia in all of it's forms! 


Join the cause - walk under a ladder or pet a black cat today!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment